Spring has sprung, and it’s officially the time of the year to clean out your closet. So why not do some good in the process?
How it works
1. Bag up your clothes (ensuring they adhere to the requirements below) and drop them inside the Harbour Grounds clothing boxes.
2. All women’s clothing will be donated to Dress for Success and all men’s clothing will be donated to Fix Up Look Sharp.
3. The clothing boxes will be out until October 31st.
Clothing Box Locations
Lobby located next to Atomic at Bayleys House
Lobby next to Mojo in Datacom House
Auckland Transport Lobby (from Monday 17th October)
Donations needed for Dress for Success
– Interview and employment appropriate clothing, shoes, hand bags, jewellery in near-new condition and new makeup
– Please no worn undergarments or worn-out/stained clothing
Donations needed for Fix up Look Sharp
– Clothing that is in near new condition, meeting a job interview standard of dress, preferably dry cleaned including; Long sleeve shirts, short sleeve shirts, suit trousers, dress trousers, chino’s, polo shirts, vests, waistcoats, belts, dress shoes, dress sneakers, socks, ties and cufflinks.
– Fix Up Look Sharp would particularly love shoe sizes 11, 12, 13, 14.
– Deodorant, moisturisers, shaving razors, shaving cream, after shave, men’s fragrances/colognes, men’s hair care, styling gel, shampoo, conditioner, brushes, combs and hair shaving equipment.
About Dress for Success
Dress for Success is a not for profit charity that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and development tools to help women to thrive in work and in life.
About Fix up Look Sharp
Fix Up Look Sharp is a not for profit charity that gives Auckland male identified tāngata a fresh perspective through a personal styling experience. They achieve this through providing a free styling appointment and set of “Getting Ahead” clothing that is relevant to the tāngata’s interview or meeting purpose.